Friday, September 4, 2009

Don't move!

Every time I write a blog I like to be prepared, I like to get support of evidence for my observations, so I scan all information I can get to do it right, to be sure to tell the truth.

Two days ago when I started writing I thought I have to do a little research about malpractice litigation and I was overwhelmed. To me it appears now that discussing Health Care is like opening Pandora's box - but there is light at the end of the tunnel:

There is hope to get a healthcare reform to close this unpleasant box.

If you are curious and click at the above link about the light at the end of the tunnel you will find this:

"The new health care reform is supposed to end all these dire quagmires. It will plug the current gaps between urban and rural residents in the medical system. People will be viewed as individuals rather than members of a household. It will greatly ease the trouble of highly-mobilized people. Change of work? Change of residence? Or even change of city? No problem. You will still be covered in the medical system. "

Wouldn't it be great if this would be part of our Health Care Reform?

Having Health Insurance in this country here is like living in mediaeval times - every citizen is subject of the state where he lives - not allowed to move. Because if you move you loose your Health Insurance.

I just had this experience these days.

I was offered to move to another location only two miles south from here.
Just before I signed the new lease I checked my Health Insurance.
And guess what:
If I leave the state I am living in now I loose my Health Insurance.

I have to apply anew in the other state, and since I had cancer I am in trouble because of precondition, even if I did live and work in this other state when I got cancer and my surgery was in this other state.

If I would move, I will have to pay nearly double the premium I am paying now and I still have a deduction which triples the amount I have to pay in case I get seriously ill.

So I have to stay in this state where I am living now.
This system makes me and everybody else in this situation a subject of the state, having the right to move denied by a premium penalty.

Really odd in the land of the free.
Guess something got wrong.
Somebody dropped a letter.
Now it is the land of the fee.

But there is still hope.

China is showing the way.

China is a really innovative country. People over there are eager to do better.

That's what they did:
On April 6 2009, the government published a new medical reform plan. By unleashing the new health care reform---dubbed “universal healthcare”-- ... , the Chinese government is showing the light at the end of the tunnel to many people in anticipation.

The new health care reform is supposed to end all these dire quagmires. It will plug the current gaps between urban and rural residents in the medical system. People will be viewed as individuals rather than members of a household. It will greatly ease the trouble of highly-mobilized people. Change of work? Change of residence? Or even change of city? No problem. You will still be covered in the medical system.

“The government is to throw in 850 billion in the next three years to fulfill this medical reform despite the dim financial outlook.” The head of Chinese Health Ministry Chen Zhu disclosed in an interview in Ifeng.com.

The key incentive for China's health care system is to protect people's health, not make money.

Remember the times of the Sputnik Space Race?
A race was started between the United States and Russia.
Kennedy fought for it.

A Universal Healthcare was proposed for all Citizens.
Kennedy fought for it.

Is there a race starting between the United States and China now?
Who will win?
Or are we giving up this time?

Let's strive for Universal Health Care and make it happen.
Let's show the world that the United States are still there.
Let's proof that the United States are caring for their citizens.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home